Regional Cloud Engineer
Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for our clients. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global agency groups with more than 3.000 exceptional individuals operating out of 40+ offices in 15 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we’re now ready to bring on even more talented colleagues to join us.
So, if you are looking for your next challenge, then this is your chance to join our team of exceptionally talented, creative and innovative professionals working with composable Best-of-Breed technology platforms within the large-scale digital experience and ecommerce business area.
The purpose of the role “Regional Cloud Engineer” is to create and operate on cloud infrastructures for the clients, owned by either the clients or Valtech, and to advise and/or support on (cloud) infrastructure related questions, problems and solutions to clients and teams.
This role is to some extend location agnostic, but we’re especially looking to place these roles in one of our offices in Germany, France, Netherlands, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Ukraine or Switzerland.
What will you be doing?
As a Regional Cloud Engineer at Valtech you will:
- Work on multi-site platforms, e-commerce systems and B2B service platforms
- Create and maintain working infrastructures for our clients on public cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Actively automate set-up and maintenance tasks
- Maintain the application servers and services used for shared or client specific DevOps facilities
- Watch over, analyze, optimize and pro-actively advise on the performance, fault tolerance, reliability, stability and security of the online application environments under your supervision so we meet and outperform service level agreements
- Create, maintain and support facilities for continuous integration and deployment
- Use the best practices of Valtech, suppliers and the community
- Provide sufficient legible and maintainable documentation so others can operate on the environments; under your supervision for instance as a developer, QA engineer, data engineer or cloud engineer during your absence or during an on call service outside office hours
- Support and advise the colleagues and clients on cloud infrastructure related technical topics
- Be the primary technical contact for clients and the partners of our clients on infrastructure related topics
- Embrace and promote the DevOps mindset by actively seeking collaboration with colleagues of different disciplines, demonstrating best practices of DevOps collaboration, pro-actively participate in the in-company and worldwide DevOps community
- Actively seek to keep your skills and information up to date with the latest developments in your expertise by self-study, following relevant training, visiting events
- Help your peers and coach less experienced colleagues and colleagues of other disciplines to understand and work with cloud infrastructure in their context and following Valtech best practices, philosophy and way of working
- Embrace innovation by pro-actively taking the initiative to research and try new innovative concepts and pro-actively help to introduce new innovative and valuable approaches to the services we deliver to clients
What do we expect from you?
- At least 5+ years of working experience in public Azure, AWS or GCP cloud-related technology
- Excellent knowledge and wide experience with Windows/Linux server’s administration
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, “Infrastructure as Code” concept, understanding networking (firewalling, subnetting, etc)
- Working experience in Web Servers configuration, optimization for different use (Apache, IIS, Nginx)
- Working experience in either Bash scripting or Powershell
- Knowledge in ARM, CloudFormation, Terraform and pipeline tooling like Azure DevOps, GitLab etc.
- Strong communication, collaboration and team working skills in blended teams
- Ability to self-education
- Master’s degree in Computer Systems/Science or equivalent
- Upper-Intermediate English level or higher
We also need:
- Experience with Kubernetes — cloud-agnostic, EKS or AKS
- Experience with online platforms — CMS, eCommerce
What can you expect from us?
At Valtech you’ll become part of an exceptional team of more than 3.000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and developers, who all create unprecedented success for our Global 500 clients while optimizing time-to-market and return on investment. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organization the opportunity to grow and also transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognized not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really do transform by doing.
If this sounds like your next challenge, then do send us your application already today. We look forward to hear from you